Ageility at Contract G&A400 Centre StreetNewton, MA 02458
The Billing Specialist supports the Billing Manager and is responsible for the timely submission and processing of medical claims to Medicare, private pay and insurance companies. The Billing Specialist will address day-to-day questions and act as additional quality support for multiple sites as well as billing for more complex or corporate ancillary business lines. Responsible for critical and timely solutions to issues, achievement of deadlines, timely payment of claims as well as compliance with company processes and policies. Utilizing the AR dashboards and AR aging reports with the assigned sites to identify trends and financial performance.
• Support the revenue function of a growing and profitable start up division by ensuring highly accurate and timely invoicing of claims
• Work with the treasury team to retrieve payment details from lockbox to timely and accurately post cash receipts
• Review Medicare and insurance remittance advices timely and rebill as necessary
• Ensure that day-to-day activities and processes related to AR/resident and insurance billing and cash application are in compliance with policies and procedures and carried out consistently
• Respond in a professional manner as well as timely to questions from insurance companies, Medicare and patients regarding balances on their accounts or status of their claims which may include researching and troubleshoot claim status and identifying issues related to the payment of a claim
• Generate, monitor and follow-up on monthly reports for each facility for insight into outstanding account balances due from Medicare, insurance and patients
• Possess the ability to investigate, analyze and coordination required to resolve discrepancies
• Perform professional collection calls as necessary to patients or Powers of Attorney regarding past due balances, providing a clear and concise explanation to them of the balance due and options for payment
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding and respect the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions
• Escalates issues to Supervisor and Manager as needed
• Assist with the month end close process, including ensuring all charges are recorded into the AR subledger and recorded in the ERP system by reconciling the subledger to the general ledger
• Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations as well as California Consumer Privacy Act
• Respond to internal and external inquires
• Assist with the annual audit, as needed
• Consistently takes pride in the quality of their work
• Inquisitive and eager to learn, develop and continuously improve within a large team setting
• Passion for understanding processes and continuous process improvement
• Enthusiastic and shows an intense enjoyment and interest in accounts receivable matters or the desire to learn everything about medical billing
• Detailed oriented and capable of carrying out given tasks independently
• Deadline driven
• Positive attitude with the flexibility to work well in a changing and fluid environment
• Demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills appropriate to the audience and area of responsibility
• Seeks feedback and perspective from others; knows when to ask for help and guidance to prioritize
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• The preferred candidate would also have experience or familiarity with:
o Mid-size to large SEC company environment
o SOX controls
o Casamba or similar billing and AR subledger system
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Associates Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• Institute of Finance Management AR Certification preferred
The culture at Five Star is built on our shared core values – People First, Integrity, Mindful, Listen and Work to Be Our Best. Within that framework we want to include positive collaboration, proactive problem solving and relentless curiosity. Positive collaboration means that we work together and make decisions for the greater good - with open, honest and respectful communication. Proactive problem-solving means that we come to the table with ideas, recommendations and solutions - instead of sitting back and waiting for others to raise an issue or fix a problem for us. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge and stretching beyond our comfort zone.
Five Star Senior Living and Ageility are operating divisions of AlerisLife, a provider of an evolving portfolio of residential and lifestyle services to older adults who want to live life to the fullest. We are approximately 10,000 team members serving in 29 states as well as our corporate AlerisLife headquarters located outside of Boston. Together, we’re assembling a suite of best-in-class products and services to inspire joyful living in a growing range of settings.
Ageility provides both rehabilitation and fitness services for a true continuum of care and return to optimal health. Our Ageility team specializes in older adults, delivering physical, occupational and speech therapy services and personalized fitness programming in more than 200 clinics nationwide. We serve customers within Five Star communities and other senior living communities and settings. At Ageility, we’re reimagining rehab for older adults who are reimagining aging. We invite you to come join a team where you can make a difference!
“I have only been at Five Star for a short while, but I have not regretted that decision. The staff is friendly, and I fell in love with my residents from the moment I first walked in. Five Star recognizes each of their employees' unique abilities and helps promote growth. Thanks for having me at Five Star.”
“It is a great feeling knowing I am surrounded at Five Star by professionals who have the same high ethical standards that I hold myself to. We work together to resolve concerns and to plan for the future of the company, my community and my professional development.”
“I have been working for Five Star at the Remington Club for thirteen years. As a nurse, I appreciate their core values and commitment to excellence. Five Star sets itself apart by their standards. I am happy to be a part of such a wonderful organization.”
“I have been in the aging services field for 16 years and feel very fortunate to be affiliated with one of the leaders in the Senior Housing industry. The amount support and resources available is unsurpassed. I appreciate the experience, knowledge, and caliber of my superiors and colleagues. I love what I do and am proud to represent 5 Star.”
“I have had the pleasure of working for Five Star Senior Living Inc. for the past 13 years, and I have enjoyed the educational experiences and the opportunity for advancement. I started my career as an Executive Director and I have most recently been promoted to Divisional Vice President. I love the fact that we put people first and encourage our team members to grow. There is a unique spirit of advancement from within the company. I am so happy to be a part of this great organization!”
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
We are hiring caregivers, cooks, dishwashers, housekeepers, servers, dietary aides, resident assistants, CNAs, LPNs, RNs, PTs, OTs, SLPs, PRNs and more. Click here to find opportunities in your local area. We offer competitive pay and flexible schedules.