Auto Req ID:
101 Tulip Lane
Dothan, AL 36305
Share This Job On
The Terrace at Grove Park is a beautiful community in Dothan, AL, with more than 110 units offering independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer's care.
At this time, we are seeking a Maintenance Director to join our team!
Competitive salary! Excellent Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K plus much more!
Shift/Hours: Full time management position (salaried). Regular hours are Monday to Friday (8:00 am to 5:00 pm). Rotating on call weekend schedule required.
**Once you have applied, please attend one of our open Group Interviews that are held every Wednesday at 2:00 pm at The Terrace at Grove Park (101 Tulip Lane, Dothan, AL 36305)**
- Maintain the community in the areas of physical plant, equipment, grounds and keep accurate maintenance records. Supervise maintenance staff and maintain physical plant safety.
- Performs general maintenance work on a daily basis, including replacing light bulbs, repairing electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and appliances.
- Prepares resident apartments for new occupants by painting, cleaning carpets and general maintenance.
- Keeps accurate maintenance records of work done, inventory and purchasing. Manages expenses through knowledge of budget. May purchase maintenance supplies, tools and appliances with Executive Director approval.
- Recommends replacement of major items (such as carpet, appliances, etc.) as well as long and short term maintenance needs.
- Maintains, plans and implements preventative maintenance program and prepares the Preventative Maintenance Report for Executive Director's review.
- May maintain inventory of master key system, community maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism.
- Maintain Emergency Call System to ensure resident safety and community security.
- Delegate and ensure quality of maintenance work orders every morning and prioritize jobs and sign off when work is completed.
- Track safety inspections and logged verifications which include: emergency lights, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, conduct and document monthly fire drills, and conduct and document semi-annual evacuation drills.
- Other duties as required.
- Requires two years of related maintenance experience and some formal training in one or all of the following areas: carpentry, plumbing, painting, HVAC, refurbishing and cleaning.
- Ability to perform general maintenance repair needs at assigned buildings, problem solve, plan, organize, communicate and cooperate with others.
- Demonstrated effective
- Ability to drive and operate a van or larger vehicle.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
- Ability to seek out new methods and participate and be willing to incorporate them into existing maintenance practices.
- Ability to effectively follow written and oral instructions.
- As Manager On Duty, must be able to make sound strategic and operational decisions that directly impact the business of the community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organization & priority management skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
About Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.